Regular ISSE attendees with a contribution in the field of this top technical journal have the chance to be invited by the Technical Program Committee to publish an extended version of their paper in a special issue of Power Electronic Devices and Components Journal (PEDC).
After review and upon acceptance, the extended paper will be published on PEDC, giving high visibility to the related results.
Power Electronic Devices and Components (PEDC) is an open-access journal published by ELSEVIER specifically focusing on power-electronic devices and components, including materials, fabrication, design, characterization, and applications. On top of that, PEDC aims at being a timely and powerful tool to create a new synergy between the power-device- and the power-electronics community.
The coverage of the journal includes the following topics:
- Active power components: design and fabrication process, physics and characterization, FEM- and compact modeling, packaging and related issues, failure mechanisms, and reliability, extreme conditions, emerging power devices;
- Passive power components: capacitors, inductors and transformers, printed circuit boards, fuses, and ancillary components;
- Related topics in the field of power components: gate drivers and disruptive applications, e.g. 10 kV and higher, energy harvesting, condition monitoring, and EMI in power electronics.
PEDC publishes Research Papers, describing significant advances and completed work. Review Papers are welcome to report on important and developing topics of general interest. Practical papers reporting case studies and specific application domains are particularly encouraged.
All contributions are subject to rigorous peer review by leading experts in the field.
Guest editor of PEDC and contact person for authors from ISSE:
- Prof. ret. Dr. Johann Nicolics, Vienna University of Technology – Contact Email
Power Electronic Devices and Components is a new gold open access journal, therefore contributing to this special issue will be an opportunity for you to play a leading role in defining the scope and development of this new title. We believe that the ISSE 2023 special issue will be an outstanding contribution to our community’s understanding on the topic.
Note that open access fees will be waived for ISSE 2023 participants.
The intended deadline for the submission of extended papers is October 31, 2023.
Previous papers from ISSE published in PEDC Journal:
- Darshankumar Bhat, Stefan Muench, Mike Roellig, “Estimation of remaining useful lifetime of power electronic components with machine learning based on mission profile data”, Power Electronic Devices and Components, Volume 5, 2023, 100040, ISSN 2772-3704, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedc.2023.100040 (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2772370423000081)